does mayonnaise kill head lice- what are the steps?
Those who have ever confronted head lice infestation problem must know how difficult it is to get rid of them.
Many hair specialist suggest that this infestation must be treated using products such as Nix, but unfortunately many products only disappoint its users, because only repeated use can eradicate this infestation completely.
The main problem with this manner of treatment is that it is not only costly to the person but also it contains some toxic elements too.
This is the reason that many people who are troubled with this problem turn to natural remedies and one of such effective natural treatment is mayonnaise.
Does mayonnaise kill head lice?
The answer is definitely yes!
Here are some instructions on how to use this treatment properly and effectively, in order to get rid of this problem completely.
– First of all apply a substantial amount of mayonnaise to your head. Don’t hesitate to use it profusely, use it as must as your hair can hold. Keep in mind that the amount of it may vary depending on your hair’s thickness, so don’t use too much on short hair.
– Once you have properly applied the treatment on your hair, it is time to cover it using a shower cap.
It is a salon plastic cap that people use while taking shower.
If you notice that some mayonnaise is leaking from your cap, then use another cloth to wrap around your cap.
– Most specialists suggest that this treatment must be applied during night, but it is not a big deal if you have applied it at any other time of the day.
Just make sure that you don’t leave it for more than two hours.
There are some other specialists that recommend that head lice infected person must leave this application for no less than 12 hours.
– Now, undo the cloth that you wrap around the cap and take off your shower cap.
Wash the mayonnaise application with a dish washing liquid to remove the greasy feeling from your hair.
Now wash your hair again with and this time use tea tree oil soap.
– Comb your hair using a nit comb to remove all dead bugs from your hair together with their eggs.
– Keep in mind that only one time application is not going to do any good for you, so repeat the above step regularly for a couple of days to make completely sure that there is not a single head louse left crawling on your scalp.